Resources for Aspiring Entrepreneurs in NYC
Keep on top of the NYC and Greater Startup Community With These Newsletters / Websites
Check out these great resources, and if you find an event, class or opportunity that you think is worth sharing with other Sternies, please tweet us at @NYUSternEEX
- Gary's Guide: www.garysguide.com - Gary's Guide is one of the best resources for Events, Classes and Jobs in the NYC startup / tech community.
- Charlie O'Donnell: www.thisisgoingtobebig.com - harlie O'Donnell is a Partner at Brooklyn Bridge Ventures and also writes an awesome weekly newsletter highlighting events around the NYC Innovation Community.
- New York Tech Meetup: http://nytm.org/ - NY Tech Meetup is a non-profit organization with over 34,000 members supporting the New York technology community.
- Venture Beat: http://venturebeat.com/ - VentureBeat is a great website / newsfeed on the latest news in the tech industry: VC, Cloud, Mobile, Social business, Big Data Analytics and more! Keep up to date about what's happening in the industry.
- Pando Daily: http://pandodaily.com/ - Another news website focusing on the Silicon Valley tech and startup scene.
- General Assembly: https://generalassemb.ly/ - General Assembly is creating a global community of individuals empowered to pursue work they love, by offering full-time immersive programs, long-form courses, and classes and workshops on the most relevant skills of the 21st century. Find something here to supplement your Education In Possible.
Looking for a job or internship at a startup? Check out these resources!
- Inside Startups: http://www.insidestartups.org/ - Sign up for their newsletter, with NYC startup related events and job listings.
- Made In New York: http://mappedinny.com/ - In 2005, the New York City Mayor’s Office of Media & Entertainment created the “Made in NY” initiative to celebrate the local media and entertainment industries. This mashup website lists thousands of NYC based media/tech companies, incubators, VCs... Think of it as the yellow pages for all things startup in New York.