Past Japan Trek information
JOIN OUR FABULOUS TRIP TO JAPAN!
When you hear the word 'Japan', what do you think of? Does your mind fill with images of ancient temples or futuristic cities? Do you see visions of mist-shrouded hills or lightning-fast bullet trains? Do you think of suit-clad businessmen or kimono-clad geisha? Whatever image you have of Japan, it's probably accurate, because it's all there.
Every spring break, JBA leads a large number of students on a cross-country tour of Japan. Filled with behind-the-scenes glimpses into the nation's leading institutions, the ambitious schedule includes countless once-in-a-lifetime experiences for both newcomers and seasoned visitors.
Past activities have included:
- Sumo tournaments
- Visits to world-leading Japanese companies in various industries (Toyota Motor Corporation, Sony Corporation, Nomura Securities, etc.)
- Tours at famed temples in Kyoto
- Volcanic hot spring baths
- Kimono makeovers and traditional tea ceremony
- Early morning visit to Tsukiji fish market
- Karaoke on the Sumida river dinner cruise
- High-tech showcase tours at Sony and Panasonic
- Networking with Stern alumni and other executives in Japan
plus whirlwind day/night tours of Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto. The trip is a must for any Stern student interested in exploring Japan's influence on global business and culture.
< JAPAN TREK 2011 (March 11 - 20, 2011) >
1. Kick-off Meeting of November 11, 2010
For the people who attended the Japan Trek 2011 Kick-off Meeting on Nov. 11, thank you so much for you time! It was great to introduce the trek to you all. For the students who couldn't make it to the meeting, no problem. We have posted the presentation slides and the video so please have a look for detailed information.
To join the participant list for the Japan Trek, please sign up using the link below between Sunday November 14th at 6pm and Tuesday November 16th at 5pm. Please note that this sign-up system is on a first come first serve basis and that JBA members will be prioritized. Non-JBA members will be put on a waitlist and added to the participant list once all JBA members have been accounted for. (Note that the sign-up site is different between the JBA members and the non-JBA members.)
< Japan Trek 2011 Terms and Conditions >
- You will lose the right to secure your place on the Japan trek if you fail to submit your first non-refundable deposit ($500), other required payments or the required documentations by the designated deadlines.
- You cannot make arrangements to separately purchase airline tickets or redeem miles from frequent flyer programs.
- A select number of airlines will be used for the trek, which will be decided on by the JBA. You will be designated flights depending on group allocations so no accommodation can be made to match participants with airlines they have frequent flyer programs with.
- Although the JBA will make every effort, there is the possibility that the JBA will be unable to meet all seats requests for transportation and meals as well as room allocation preferences.
- Although the JBA will make every effort, there is the possibility that the JBA will not be able to accommodate all food allergies, religious requirements or other dietary requests.
- Although the JBA will be working with the travel agency to offer visa support if necessary, it is ultimately your responsibility to acquire the necessary visas or documentation required for your personal status in order to participate on the trek.
- Countries that have reciprocal visa exemption arrangements with Japan depends. As these exemptions can be subject to change, it is your responsibility to check your visa requirements with the travel agency and your national embassy.
For further information, please contact:
< JAPAN TREK 2011 > Participants' Kick-off Meeting
*If you want a better image about the option tours, access the below links. These are some short videos of the places that we are visiting on the option tours.
KYOTO OPTION TOURS
< JAPAN TREK 2011 > Special Lecture on Toyota's Operation
< JAPAN TREK 2011 > Bootcamp