EEX Annual Entrepreneurs' Summit
1st Annual EEX Summit
Friday, March 25th, 2011 from 4:00 - 9:00 PM | Register Here
The Renaissance of Innovation
Learn how ideas are born and turned into action. Experience the art of start and be inspired to launch the next big thing.
We are excited to announce the first EEX Annual Entrepreneurs' Summit. The summit will be focused on the brainstorming phase in the life cycle of a venture and will feature all-star keynote speakers, diverse panels, a Cool Product Expo (presented by 12 freshly minted NY startups), a mingling cocktail with an open bar and more! Come meet the people behind the exciting venture ecosystem forming these days in NY.
Speakers and panelists include:
Seth Godin - Entrepreneur, best selling author and an agent of change
Seth has written 13 books that have been translated into more than 30 languages. Every one has been a bestseller. He writes about the post-industrial revolution, the way ideas spread, marketing, quitting, leadership and most of all, changing everything.
American Way Magazine calls him, "America's Greatest Marketer," and his blog is perhaps the most popular in the world written by a single individual. His latest book, Poke The Box is a call to action about the initiative you're taking - in your job or in your life, and Seth once again breaks the traditional publishing model by releasing it through The Domino Project.
Chris Dixon - Co-Founder: SiteAdvisor, Hunch, Founder Collective
Chris is a personal investor in early-stage technology companies, including Skype, TrialPay, DocVerse, Invite Media, Gerson Lehrman Group, ScanScout, OMGPOP, BillShrink, Oddcast, Panjiva, Knewton, and a handful of other startups that are still in stealth mode.
- Eric Wiesen, General Partner - RRE Ventures
- Ian Sigalow, Partner - Greycroft Partners
- Brian Hirsch, Managing Director & Co-Chairman - Greenhill SAVP
- Charlie O'Donnell, Principal - First Round Capital
- Jason Finger, Founder - Seamless Web
- Idan Cohen, Co-Founder & VP Product - Boxee
- Sam Hamadeh, Founder - Vault
- Soraya Darabi, Co-Founder & VP Business Development - Foodspotting
- Alexis Ohanian, Co-Founder - Reddit, Breadpig, Marketing - Hipmunk
- Jen Fleis, Founder - Rent the Runway
- Mike Yavonditte, Founder, CEO - Hashable
- Vin Vacanti, Founder - Yipit
- Jesse Hertzberg, SVP Business Development - SquareSpace (former VP Operations & Business Development at Etsy)
- Jared Hecht, Co-Founder - GroupMe
- Peter Shankman, Founder & CEO - HARO
- Sean Black, Founder & CEO - SalesCrunch
- Giff Constable, Co-Founder & CEO - Aprizi
- Seth Berkowitz, Founder - Insomnia Cookies
Panel 1 - From Thin Air: From Idea to Initial Execution
Moderator: Professor Jill Kickul, Ph.D
This panel will explore these questions with our panelists: What inspired you to come up with your idea? What were the first steps you took to execute? Who else did you need to help you?
Panel 2 - White Spaces: VCs discuss where the puck is going
Moderator: Professor Luke Williams
“I skate where the puck is going, not where it has been.” -Wayne Gretzky. Come hear some of NYC’s premiere VCs discuss how they identify white spaces and hot industries. Participants will also share their investment theses and weigh in on the value that MBAs bring to start ups.
Panel 3 - Making Money: Designing a Revenue Model
Moderator: Professor Cynthia Franklin
You have a great product and a lot of users. Now what? Our panelists will discuss the careful balance of crafting a revenue model that works within the context of their unique products.
Panel 4 - Start Up ABCs: The Art of Closing Sales
Moderator: Professor Michelle Greenwald
You have a great product and plan for making money. Now you need to sell. Our panelists will discuss the fundamentals of selling in the early stages of a company.
$30 (EEX Members)
$35 (Non-EEX Stern Students)
$40 (Stern Alumni)
$45 (Non-Stern Ticket)
4:00-4:45 Keynote - KMC 1-100
5:00-5:50 Panel I - KMC 1-100
5:00-5:50 Panel II - KMC 5-50
6:00-6:50 Panel III - KMC 1-100
6:00-6:50 Panel IV - KMC 5-50
7:00-7:45 Ending Note - KMC 1-100
7:45-9:00 Cocktail Reception and Cool Products Expo - KMC 5-50
The EEX Team