Resources for EEX Members
Stay on top of the NYC and greater startup community with these great resources.
- Alley Watch: http://www.alleywatch.com/ - a platform focusing on the creation and fostering of startups and related organizations
- Angel List: https://angel.co/ - a website for startups, angel investors, and job-seekers looking to work at startups
- AVC: http://avc.com/ - Fred Wilson is a Managing Partner at Union Square Ventures and has been an active and successful venture capitalist since 1987. His blog, AVC: Musings of a VC in NYC, is one of the most widely read VC blogs
- Charlie O'Donnell: www.thisisgoingtobebig.com - Charlie O'Donnell is a Partner at Brooklyn Bridge Ventures and also writes an awesome weekly newsletter highlighting events around the NYC Innovation Community.
- First Round: http://firstround.com/ - a seed-stage venture firm focused on building a vibrant community of technology entrepreneurs and companies. Apply for jobs at portfolio companies using the common applicaton.
- Gary's Guide: www.garysguide.com - one of the best resources for Events, Classes and Jobs in the NYC startup / tech community.
- General Assembly: https://generalassemb.ly/ - creating a global community of individuals empowered to pursue work they love, by offering full-time immersive programs, long-form courses, and classes and workshops on the most relevant skills of the 21st century. Find something here to supplement your Education In Possible.
- Inside Startups: http://www.insidestartups.org/ - sign up for their newsletter, with NYC startup related events and job listings.
- LHV TalentTracker: http://www.lhvtalenttracker.
com - a reverse job board that connects skilled professionals with Lerer Hippeau Ventures companies.
- Made In New York: http://mappedinny.com/ - In 2005, the New York City Mayor’s Office of Media & Entertainment created the “Made in NY” initiative to celebrate the local media and entertainment industries. This mashup website lists thousands of NYC based media/tech companies, incubators, VCs... Think of it as the yellow pages for all things startup in New York.
- New York Tech Meetup: http://nytm.org/ - a non-profit organization with over 34,000 members supporting the New York technology community.
- Pando Daily: http://pandodaily.com/ - another news website focusing on the Silicon Valley tech and startup scene.
- TechCrunch: https://techcrunch.com/ - a leading technology media property, dedicated to obsessively profiling startups, reviewing new Internet products, and breaking tech news
- Talent Matching through Built in NYC - simply update and complete your profile and indicate that you're open to new job opportunities, and we'll connect you directly with NYC's hottest startups. Sign up here.
- Uncubed/Wakefield: http://
uncubed.com/wakefield/ - connects you with exciting companies through content, classes, conferences, and jobs
- VentureBeat: http://venturebeat.com/ - a great website / newsfeed on the latest news in the tech industry: VC, Cloud, Mobile, Social business, Big Data Analytics and more! Keep up to date about what's happening in the industry.
If you find an event, class or opportunity that you think is worth sharing with other Sternies, please reach out to us at email@example.com