In this course, students will develop an effective leadership perspective through pursuit of the following learning objectives:
1. To become familiar with the key environmental and social issues effecting business today
2. To understand the evolution of corporate response—from compliance to engagement to innovation
3. To develop some of the skills required for leading in this new social and political environment (e.g. multi-stakeholder management)
4. To explore the efficiencies and innovations being developed by corporate leaders in pursuit of sustainability
5. To explore innovations in finance (true cost accounting, net positive value, social impact bonds)
6. To become familiar with the latest consumer insight research on sustainability. In short, this course is multi-disciplinary, and seeks to integrate across the functions of the firm to arrive at an effective firm-wide leadership sensibility.